EUROSENSE 2020: 9th European Conference on Sensory and Consumer Research
ONLINE: Live and On-demand | 13-16 December 2020
Join us for EUROSENSE 2020 – Online
This stimulating online programme will bring together a specially selected line-up of expert speakers, contributed talks and ePosters outlining the latest research in sensory and consumer research and addressing key topics from our cancelled in-person meeting.
Register now to participate in an interactive conference experience direct from your desktop or mobile device: live-stream presentations and take part in discussion through live chat and Q&A.
Your registration includes on-demand access for 30 days (from one day after the conference).
Author registration deadline: 16 October 2020
Registration deadline for live participation (non-presenting delegates): Friday 11 December 12.00 Noon GMT
Participate live from your desktop or mobile device to:
Deepen your knowledge: Live-stream a personalised schedule from the entire programme to match your research interests
Engage with our inspirational speakers and other attendees during the live-streamed sessions: Ask questions and participate in live chat and polls.
Review the latest research in the ePoster hall and discuss directly with the author in the live poster sessions.
- Network with your peers, meet new contacts and renew relationships: Connect with other attendees during the live event to chat and arrange one-to-one meetings.
- Connect with a wider, more-inclusive audience: our lower fees, online delivery and post-event on-demand access will make the event more accessible to all.
- Visit the live exhibition booths to meet industry partners, chat with exhibitors and learn more about their products.
- Enjoy more flexibility with on-demand access to recorded sessions for 30 days after the event*. Watch one stream live and catch-up on what you missed after the event.
* On-demand access includes recordings of talks and slides, poster pitches and posters from authors that have agreed for post event distribution: the organisers cannot guarantee on-demand access to all presentations.
The European Sensory Science Society (E3S) and the MOA Sensory Group have the pleasure to invite you to the 9th European Conference on Sensory and Consumer Research 'A Sense of Innovation'.
EuroSense is a successful event, gathering sensory and consumer researchers, both academics and from industry, worldwide. The meeting is a unique opportunity for discovering the latest innovations in the field and for networking, as well as meeting up with colleagues and friends in a relaxed atmosphere.
The topic of the 2020 conference is 'A Sense of Innovation', with a specific attention to innovative approaches to study sensory perception in relation to preference, choice, and other types of behavior. Our commitment is to build a scientific program considering emerging challenges, the latest knowledge, and out-of-the-box ideas in both fundamental and applied sensory and consumer science. The conference includes food and other applications where the study of the senses plays a key role.
Topics to be covered will include the contribution of sensory science as a multidisciplinary field applied to specific issues of general interest, and methodological considerations, in the form of factors, measurements, or data analysis approaches.
- Healthy eating
- Consumer behaviour
- Biology and neuroscience
- Policy and labeling
- Vulnerable populations
- Experience and branding
Methodological focus on:
- New technologies
- Measures beyond liking
- Advanced instrumental analysis
- Implicit and explicit approaches
- Measuring behaviour
Kees de Graaf, Wageningen University & Research, The Netherlands
Betina Piqueras-Fiszman, Wageningen University & Research, The Netherlands
Sanne Boesveldt, Wageningen University & Research, The Netherlands
Sam Bompass, Bompas & Parr, UK
Victoire Dairou, Danone, France
John Ennis, Aigora, USA
Suzanne Higgs, University of Birmingham, UK
Hedwig te Molder, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Marianna Obrist, University of Sussex, UK
Ellen van Kleef, Wageningen University & Research, The Netherlands
Hannelize van Zyl, HEINEKEN, The Netherlands